Sunday, November 1, 2009

lynn in love with a roller derby halloween

haha... you guessed it! We were roller derby girls! Ever since Connie and I saw Whip It at a free screening, we knew we were gonna be Derby Girls for Halloween! Did you see the movie? We loved it. I love these hardcore girls and the motto "be your own hero." After gathering a few things from around the house (arm bands and tennis skirt) and going to Salvation Army to acquire a helmet, I was only missing the skates. After searching high and lo for them, I was worried that we wouldn't be able to complete our costumes. I should have known to look at Academy Sports first (one of my favorite stores eva), cuz there I found some super cute and cheap official Roller Derby skates! Mandy joined us last minute, and all of a sudden, we had a team!

Every year, the UTSW Ortho residents throw a huge halloween party, and I've been going since med school. After being MIA for the last 4 months, it was great to skate around and catch up with some old friends and residents.

The Archstone Angels!
orthoparty_001
orthoparty_002
Our names: miss demeanor, punky bruiser, and bloody mary!
orthoparty_003
met our devilish tonia at the Ortho Party
orthoparty_004
orthoparty_005
husband's official costume was my spotter and keep me from biting it!
orthoparty_007
orthoparty_006
We're totally ready to join TXRD!
orthoparty_010
orthoparty_009
We may have tied lightsticks to our skates!
orthoparty_012
goodnight!
orthoparty_014

1 comment:

  1. The Archstone Angels are cute; go Ms. Demeanor...

    ReplyDelete