Wednesday, November 18, 2009

lynn in love with naked cupcakes!

lookie me! posting everyday despite my new crazy schedule. Working night shifts giving my body a run for its money. Post-shift, I pretty much sleep all day the next day until 5pm... and leaving me feeling all sorts of discombobulated.

Anyhoo... late last night I was craving... CRAVING some cakey goodness. I was still all woozy, and as awesome as my husband is, he refused to get out of bed to go get me some cake. I guess it was 11pm.

well, I looked into my empty refrigerator and thought I had just enough ingredients to make my favorite cupcakes. I remembered I also had a tub of store bought icing in the pantry to dress them up since I didn't have enough ingredients to make frosting as well . (poor us, literally just 1 stick of butter and 2 eggs left in the fridge).

I made my favorite cupcakes which are so quick and easy and when I left them on the wire racks to cool, I searched for my icing... and it's nowhere to be found. I go wake up the husband. "where is my frosting??" ... in which he replied "oh, i threw it away, it had expired."

grrrr.... no frosting, no icing.... and no ingredients to make some. I was perturbed at midnight.

But honestly... the cupcakes are SO so good even without them! Sure the icing give them that extra oomph... but seeing that I ate 4 of them on the spot, I'm pretty sure they can stand alone :)

Love me some naked cupcakes!! Especially those in cute cherry liners from Vietnam!

(yay, the camera shop just called and said my 50mm f1.4 lens is fixed). I pulled out my ol' kit lens for this picture. Not so bad, I do declare. (my southern accent via michael scott)

cupcakes_001

Cupcakes (from here)

Ingredients: 1 stick+1tbsp of soft butter, 1/2 cup+1tbsp sugar, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup flour,
1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp vanilla extract, 3 tbsp milk

1. Take all ingredient and leave out to room temperature. Line your cupcake tins, and preheat the oven to 400 F
2. Put all ingredients into mixing bowl, and mix until smooth. Add milk until smooth dropping consistency.
3. Divide the mixture into the cupcake tins and make in the oven. The recipe says 15-20 minutes, but that's too long in my oven. I usually put the timer on 10 minutes, and watch them every 2 minutes, until pale golden brown on top.
4. Let them cool a little in their tins on a rack, then take them out carefully and cool them completely on a wire rack.
5. Then frost/ice with whatever.... or not!

See! Easy peasy! Go make some now!

8 comments:

  1. Yum! I actually scrape all the frosting off of cupcakes so those sound perfect!

    However, if they are cupcakes from sprinkle's I eat ALL the frosting because it is bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cupcakes without frosting! amazing :)

    I got the package yesterday! It was soooo darling! Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww they look so adorable. So quaint! I love love love frosting, but I would totally at those anyday.

    Working all nighters stinks! I hope you get a break soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do declare, these look DELICIOUS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. "discombobulated" is the word of the day...I heard that word being used twice in the past 5 or so hours...One in real life and one in this blog...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those sound so great.. I'm going to need to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, I love you for that "I do declare" quote. Furthermore, I prefer naked cupcakes. I generally request that a few be left that way for me if I'm involved in any cupcake making. I'm so not a frosting/icing sort of gal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys are awesome. Totally my people :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete