Thursday, September 10, 2009

lynn in love with this week's favorites

As a little break from the fried stuff, I wanted to share a few favorite food products from this week. One of the things I like about blogging is getting to share some of the great products that I discover. Some things are too good not to share! I especially like sharing items I believe in, that I know are healthy and good for your body.

All the following can be purchased at Central Market, my favorite foodie market. I love this store because they have such a large selection of amazing produce, fresh lean meats and vegetables, samples galore, and if you shop right, it won't be much more expensive than a regular supermarket.

I've found my new peanut butter of choice! This is Peanut Butter & Co, no-stir Natural Crunch Time. Yummy, yummy, this stuff is great. And made out of only 4, yes 4, ingredients: Peanuts, evaporated cane juice, palm fruit oil, and salt. It's so naturally delicious. I love natural peanut butter, but I hate how for most brand's, the peanut oil separates from the butter and you have to stir to mix it. The palm fruit oil keeps this PB from separating! Oh, and the company has 10 different flavors, and from what I'm reading online, the Dark Chocolate Dream is to die for. It's next on my grocery list. Peanut butter is a great source of protein, but remember it is high in fat, so a little goes a long way.


Mm... a Honey Crisp Apple. I dunno. It's just good :) I'm a notorious snacker. I've been exercising this week and always tempted to eat something calorically carby after my work out. Reaching for a sweet apple is always a better choice and if I eat the whole thing, it always leaves me full and satisfied.


Lastly, a re-discovery: Martin & Weyrich Moscoto Allegro. DE-licious... before I knew anything about wine, I actually disliked them very much.. except for this one. A dessert wine, it as a perfect blend of light, fresh, flowery and sweet flavors... My parents and I don't exactly have the same taste in alcohol, but my whole family loves this wine which has a low alcohol content and is delivered in a beautiful bottle. My palate has now been better educated about wine by my good friend Mandy, and I actually enjoy most wines. I have discovered that I prefer a dryer white and haven't tasted this Moscoto for a few years. I had my family over for dinner last night and opened a bottle of this Moscoto...and immediately remember that I still love this wine very much. It has won gold in a couple of wine festivals, including Dallas Morning news!

Okay that it's! Tomorrow's post: A Seafood feast!

2 comments:

  1. I discovered Honey Crisps a few years ago while shopping in Central Market with Chandler. They're SOOO good! Huge though. I wish they came in a mini size. I can never finish a whole apple if I bite into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. yeah they are big! It's great after workout cause I'm ravenous.... and it makes me full!

    ReplyDelete