Tuesday, September 1, 2009

lynn in love with 50mm f1.4 lens

holy moly! it's here, it's here!
I finally broke down, and decided to invest in a better lens then the dinky kit lens that came with my old nikon d70.

For my first lens I got the: Nikkor 50mm f1.4 prime lens purchased at Amazon.

Why this bad boy? I've never really invested much in my camara equipment, always believing that my eye and technique mattered much more than how expensive my equipment was. I've always learned on middle range equipment. However, now that I've picked my camara back up, I found I'm severely limited in the quality of my pictures with my kit lens.

As I want to do mostly portrait photography, I think this lens will give me the biggest bang for my buck. Being able to stop down to 1.2, will give me those creamy bokeh images I long for. At it's price, it's a good deal for a great lens. Most of my favorite portrait/wedding photographers started with this lens and for a lot of them, it's their go-to lens! Sold! I just have to get used to moving around more for my shots since it is a prime lens.

I waited patiently for the UPS man to come to the door this morning. However, now that I have it, I don't have any subject to photograph! So my hand, and my measuring cups will just have to do...




Yummy! Can't wait to see what else I can do with this lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment