Saturday, September 19, 2009

lynn in love with chocolate cake and celebration

Despite a rocky day yesterday, nothing ends your day better than chocolate and family. We went out to celebrate my dad's birthday last night, and of course I had to bake something fabulous. My father requested chocolate cake. Baking for my family is always a risky thing as they don't really like sweets and they prefer darker chocolate. Ina Garten is my go-to person for all things baked.... and she didn't disappoint with this awesome chocolate cake recipe.

Not icky sweet, but sweet enough, the frosting is light and delightful. Even my hard to please family approved. What a great way to end the day! Happy Birthday Dad!

my handsome father

TJ is the official candle blower assistant


the whole family
Don't forget my husband!

I had to throw this one in. Epitomizes the Nguyen kids... pure goofiness

No comments:

Post a Comment