Saturday, August 22, 2009

lynn in love with rise

Happy Weekend, dears!

I just wanted to leave you with a quick restaurant review.

My dear friend, Connie, took me out for dinner this week to catch up on life.
We went to a sweet little restaurant just around the corner of where we live
that specializes in... french souffles! It was a completele delightful experience!

The restaurant is called Rise No. 1 and is located in the Inwood Village.

Once you enter the restaurant, you are transported away from Dallas.
Decorated in both a french provence and electic style, it was incredibly charming. The whole restaurant decor is based on found and recycled objects nestled among birch tree branches.

don't I have adorable friends?


I adored all the details: the variety of antique french linens used for napkins, the stoneware used for breadplates, the beautiful antique silver.


As I was forwarned that the souffles were large and we were planning to get frozen yogurt aftewards, we ended only ordering savory souffless for dinner.

My favorite was Connie's truffle infused soufflee. delicious. Look at that beautiful poof!

My crab and cheese soufflee was good too!

Definitley good food, although I'll have to say that that amount of egg for dinner was rather overwhelming. Next time I go (which I'm sure will be soon), I think I'll share a savory soufflee and round out my palate better with soup or their amazing cheese plate as well as indulge in one of their dessert soufflee. mmm... makes me want to go now! Their entrees range from 14-20$

Seriously, for a nice, non frou-frou meal, you should definitely check this place out!

1 comment:

  1. How have I not known about this place. Thanks for the recommendation! Will try it out.

    ReplyDelete