Thursday, June 25, 2009

lynn in love with tea parties

it's been a beautifully busy month full of birthdays and celebrations and goodbyes.

i hosted a small tea party a few weekends ago to celebrate with a few good girlfriends i had made in residency. It was sweet time to sit and hangout with these girls who went through some of the hardest years of my life with me.

I gathered many of the materials I had bought for my wedding but didn't actually get to use, bought some beautiful whimsical flowers from whole foods, asked my hubs to bring our tables together in the middle of living room, hung some poms and crystals and -tada!- we had a tea party!


I made simple cucumber and smoked salmon sandwiches (with no crust, of course!) and cherry white chocolate scones. These were from a delicious recipe I got from Tonia.



i love my mismatched tea cups paired with my butterfly polka dot dishes from anthropologie. I had dozens of these sweet chinese takeout boxes and filled them with pink,red, and white M&M's... a little paper with the girls' names served as favors and place settings.



check out my cute cake stands. these are handmade from vintage dishes and wine glasses from a local thrift shop. i actually used these stands for my cupcakes at the wedding! my milk glass vases i had bought from sarah's personal vintage collection





We had a brilliant time hanging out, drinking from our assortment of teas, scones (with agave nectar of course) and sandwiches.



of course a pic from my "photo-corner"!





A few more detail shots...
i LOVED these yellow flowers that graced our dinner tables the rest of the week. So sweet and full of details

i hoped you loved my little tea party as much as I did!

2 comments:

  1. We should hang out and make cupcakes! yours look good!
    -Wolfie

    P.S. I like your pink cupcake stand

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooooooo pretty!! I love it!! I really love mis-matching dishes and tea sets. Its so whimsical. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete