Thursday, December 17, 2009

lynn in love with julie/julia

Dear ones,
It's 2PM right about now, and all is good in the world. Nope I don't have my usual insomnia, but since I have a night job now, my sleep schedule is pretty much all turned upside down. On my nights off, I still go to bed really late and pretty much sleep til noon! This month kinda rocks though, because the huz is working nights too, which means our schedules are perfectly aligned! In years past, when he's had to work nights, I'd never see him, we'd just be passing each other in the dark as I drove to work and he would be driving back home. We just spent two days off together and it was really splendid :)

hmm.. my dad mentioned this weekend that I talk about my husband too much on my blog :) I probably do, but I'm very much okay with that, because this blog is about what I'm in love with. And the huz and I? We're very much in love!

We still had a couple more hours of awake time left, so we rented Julie & Julia from the Redbox (we love the Redbox) and popped it in at midnight. I absolutely loved it. Wonderful Meryl Streep was perfect as Julia, and the entire movie was funny, sweet, and perfectly darling. A very nice feel good movie that made me terribly hungry and inspired to pick up my own cute little turquoise Le Creuset pot and start cooking. In a blind moment, I even asked the husband to get me "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" by Julia Child for Christmas. Which I hope he does...
Mastering the Art of French Cooking, Volume 1 by Julia Child: Book Cover

Lastly, it's not a post for me unless I have a picture included (unlike the original Julie/Julia Project blog) so here's one from today! So excited to have downloaded the MPhotobooth App on my iphone today.... so fun! Here's my test strip!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, That looks so fun! I really wish that I owned a photobooth... then I would play ALL DAY LONG with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie!! It was SO cute!!

    Adorable pictures...I want a photobooth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Julie and Julia! So good! I'm glad you and the hub are spending more time together!

    ReplyDelete